Time & Location
03 Feb 2022, 09:00 – 13:00
About the Event
Travel Health Update live webinar - Half day 4 hours 2022
An interactive and engaging approach to delivering a live streamed training session via Microsoft teams or Zoom, with the opportunity to interact and ask questions.
This Travel Health Update is intended for nurses who have experience carrying out travel health consultations and who wish to update their knowledge and skills, meeting the requirement for an annual travel health update (RCN 2018 Competencies: Travel health nursing: career and competence development| Royal College of Nursing page 23 point 6). It covers many topics including: Covid-19: how to advise your traveller, an update on travel vaccines, malaria, professional issues, and the latest developments in travel health.
Cathy O’Malley RGN FFTM RCPS(Glasg) is a Travel Health Nurse Specialist with 14 years clinical experience in a travel clinic. She has a Travel medicine diploma & is a Fellow of the Faculty of Travel Medicine at the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Glasgow. She is an experienced trainer and is passionate about travel medicine and passing her knowledge on to others.
Points to consider:
Delegates will require:
· To access course on a computer, laptop, tablet, or iPad with a large screen (i.e. bigger than a phone)
· A separate mobile phone (this trainer uses https://www.menti.com/ for the interactive element of the course, you will be given a code to enter at the beginning of the session).
· A good internet connection
· To be in an environment where you will not be disturbed, as you will need to be present for the whole course (as it is interactive & live).
What’s new in travel medicine?
· How to advise travellers during the pandemic?
Measles & travel
Provision of an NHS travel health service
Travel vaccine update
Which are the best resources to use?
How to stay up to date