Tue, 09 Nov|
ILM Level 5 Leadership Course - Virtual, 5 sessions
This bespoke Leadership Skills Programme is commissioned by Sutton Training Hub and aimed at current and aspiring multi-disciplinary leaders and managers. If you are interested in this course please contact email@example.com
Time & Location
09 Nov 2021, 09:30 – 16:30
About the Event
Leadership Skills Programme – Sutton CEPN
This bespoke Leadership Skills Programme is commissioned by Sutton Training Hub and aimed at current and aspiring multi-disciplinary leaders and managers.
The Programme will be held over 5 ½ days with one day held each month. This format allows delegates to consolidate their learning and apply it to their workplace before moving onto the next topic. The first half day will focus on induction and an introduction to the programme, the different modules and the required assignments.
The programme complies with the requirements of the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management for those wishing to pursue a formal qualification.
The programme will include the following modules:
· Becoming an Effective Leader – this module looks at leadership vs management, factors influencing leadership, different leadership styles and preferences. It will also cover aspects of leadership including setting direction, motivation, delegation and empowerment
· Leading Innovation and Change – this module looks at the different aspects of innovation and change with impact on people and the workplace, how to lead innovation and manage change
· Finance & Critical Thinking – this module looks at budgets within the workplace, how to make a financial case and the benefits of budgeting.
· Influencing and Negotiating – this module looks at different styles of influencing and negotiating towards win-win situations and reaching consensus
· Managing Meetings – the module considers the different aspects of meetings including roles, protocols, rules, minute taking and making meetings more effective
All sessions will be interactive with plenary discussion, small group work and self-assessments to help inform personal and professional development.
For the ILM Level 5 accreditation, there will be assignments. Each assignment is around 2,000 -2,500 words and considers the application of theory to your own workplace.
Venue: Virtually Via Zoom until further notice
Dates: PLEASE NOTE IF WE RECEIVE MORE THEN 10 APPLICANTS WE MAY HAVE TO ARRNAGE A SECOND SET OF DATES TO THE ONES BELOW
9th November 2021 - Introduction & Coaching
21st December 2021 - Becoming an Effective Leader
18th January 2022 - Leading Innovation & Change
22nd February 2022 - Influencing & Negotiating/ Managing Meetings
22nd March 2022 - Finance & Critical Thinking
All full days will run 09:30-16:30 with a break for lunch and registration from 09:15.
Applicants who wish to achieve the ILM accreditation will need to commit to all 5 module dates in full and complete all assignments.
There is an option for anyone who does this course to do a further extended module on Coaching & Mentoring, this is part of the accreditation. It may be especially of interest to any GPs who wish to be part of the Mentoring Scheme.
Application form to be filled out & returned to firstname.lastname@example.org