Wed, 02 Mar|
Kingston upon Thames
Venepuncture for beginners
This 3.5 hour (3 CPD hours) training is for NAs, HCAs, nurses, registered clinicians, it is not suitable for admin staff/receptionists.
Time & Location
02 Mar 2022, 09:30 – 13:00
Kingston upon Thames, Kingston Hill, Kingston upon Thames KT2 7LB, UK
About the Event
The intended learning outcomes are below for the session
- Be able to describe the anatomy relevant to venepuncture.
- Know the contraindications to venepuncture.
- Be able to describe the technique of venepuncture including correct sampling, blood bottle inversions and storage and transport.
- Understand the infection control and safety aspect relating to venepuncture.
- Practical managing a faint and recovery position.
- Discussing scenario's considering consent and the legal and ethical issues around undertaking venepuncture with your patients.