Wed, 14 Sept|
Frank Lampl Building Room0015 GroundFl
Assisting with minor surgery
25 Attendees Mixture of Practical Skills and Assisting with minor surgeries.
Time & Location
14 Sept 2022, 09:15 – 16:45
Frank Lampl Building Room0015 GroundFl, Kingston Hill, Kingston upon Thames KT2 7LB, UK
About the Event
For HCA who want to assist with minor surgery, 25 attendees. Will be in the Frank Lampl Building on the ground floor in Room 0015.
Mixture of Practical skills such as opening a dressing pack and using an ANTT and removal of staples and sutures.
Areas that will be covered:
- Infection prevention and control update including hand washing, management specimenss and safe disposal
- Non Touch Aseptic Technique practical and practice, removal of sutures and staples
- Chaperoning what you need to know
- An overview of minor surgery procedure including pre and post operative advice and consent
- Assisting with ICUD insertion of and Gynaecological procedures
- Recognition and management of a faint practical